You may have heard of this little thing called the ketogenic diet, and maybe you’ve been wondering whether it’s really worth all the fuss. For celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Megan Fox, it’s essential to their health and appearance—but what exactly is it? In this article, we’ll take a look at how the ketogenic diet works and whether it could be right for you.
Stress is one of the number one enemies of a healthy lifestyle. It can lead to all sorts of problems, from weight gain to heart disease. That’s why it’s so important to find ways to de-stress. For JLo, that means sticking to her diet and avoiding anything that might throw her off track. Her go-to? I have an eating habit, she said on Good Morning America in 2013. I don’t really like sweet stuff or processed food or fried food. When I get a craving for something salty, it’s usually fish tacos with guacamole and sour cream. And when I’m in Paris I love crepes–either savory or sweet. But mostly it’s just whatever sounds good and fits into my plan. She adds: We always say ‘breathe deep,’ so you’re going to be able to handle everything that comes your way if you’re breathing deeply.
Eat more fruits and vegetables
Jennifer Lopez may be in her early fifties, but she looks amazing. People often wonder what her secret is. Surprisingly, it’s not a complicated skincare routine or crazy workout regimen. Instead, she simply eats more fruits and vegetables. Jennifer Lopez says that she’ll eat up to seven servings of fruits and veggies every day. That doesn’t sound like too much for most people, but for the star who only needs about 1,600 calories per day – that amounts to a lot of food! The best part? There are so many options when it comes to delicious foods that contain these ingredients. For example, Jennifer says that one of her favorite breakfasts is scrambled eggs with spinach on top – perfect if you want something quick and healthy!
Eat breakfast every day
You’ve probably heard it a million times before, but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. And that’s especially true if you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. Eating breakfast jump-starts your metabolism and helps to curb those mid-morning cravings. Plus, it provides your body with the energy it needs to power through your workout.
So what does Jennifer Lopez eat for breakfast? The superstar revealed her go-to meal in an interview with Self magazine. I start the day with eggs – either scrambled or in an omelet, she said. I might add some avocado or toast on the side.
Write down everything you eat
No matter how busy I am, I always make time for breakfast. I start my day with a nutritious smoothie or eggs and toast. For lunch, I usually have a salad or sandwich. And for dinner, I like to keep things light with a healthy entrée and a side of vegetables. I snack on fruit or nuts throughout the day, and I always make sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. This simple eating routine has helped me stay in shape and look amazing at 52! I can’t recommend it enough.
Quit those bad habits now
- Are you eating foods that are nutritious and nourishing, or are you indulging in empty calories?
- Are you eating mindfully, or are you mindlessly munching on whatever is available?
- Are you nourishing your body with the foods it needs to function optimally, or are you filling it with junk?
- Are you eating for sustenance, or are you using food as a crutch?
- Are you honoring your hunger cues, or are you ignoring them?
- Are you listening to your body, or are you forcing it to eat more than it needs?
- Are you respecting your body, or are you abusing it with poor food choices?
Try new recipes
We all know that eating healthy is important for our overall health and wellbeing. But did you know that there’s one particular eating habit that can help you look amazing, too? Yep, it’s cooking new recipes.
Michele Stantenich at her blog The Coveteur points out: cooking with new ingredients will not only introduce you to a wealth of new flavors but also gives your body the opportunity to break down more nutrients. It may seem like a small change but introducing new dishes into your diet could lead to some major improvements in your appearance!
Don’t overeat in front of the TV or computer
Do you tend to overeat when you’re mindlessly snacking in front of the TV or computer? If so, you’re not alone. It’s easy to do, and it can be hard to break the habit. But if you’re trying to eat healthier, it’s worth making the effort. Not only will you feel better, but a recent study found that people who watched three hours of TV each day were more likely to have a bigger waistline than those who spent less time sitting down.
Chew gum after a meal
- We all know that eating healthy and exercising are key to looking and feeling our best. But there’s one other secret that Jennifer Lopez swears by to help her look amazing at 52 – chewing gum after a meal!
- Chewing gum helps to stimulate saliva production, which can help to break down food and aid in digestion. It also helps to prevent bad breath.
- Lopez revealed that she picked up this habit from her mother, who always chewed gum after meals. Now, she does it herself whenever she can.
- It’s just something that I grew up doing and it works for me, she said. I definitely think it helps with digestion.
- 3 Zodiac Signs Who Have The Most Success On Dating Apps
- Your Daily Horoscope
- Best Wine for Your Zodiac Sign
- Zodiac Signs That Will Last a Lifetime Together
- Ariel Winter’s Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed